Social Witness Process Bylaws Changes
The Commission on Social Witness is asking for changes to the Social Witness Process, via which UUA generates Statements of Conscience.
Proposed Bylaws Changes
The proposed changes are in the Final Agenda: http://uua.org/ga/ga06/FinalAgenda.pdf
A vote will be taken at GA 2006 in St Louis.
2006 Bylaws Proposal presentation
The UUA Board's "late Packet" in Jan 2006 contained these items.
- Recommendations for Proposed Bylaw Changes to the UUA Social Witness Process made to the UUA Board of Trustees, January 14, 2006: http://www.uua.org/TRUS/jan06/late-social_recommendations.pdf
- Major restructuring of process, so only one issue is considered at a time, and is considered for four years rather than two years.
- Proposed Model for UUA Social Witness Process: http://www.uua.org/TRUS/jan06/late-social_process.pdf
- Year-by-year summary of process
- UUA Resolution of the Board of Trustees re: GA Statement of Conscience (2 pages): http://www.uua.org/TRUS/jan06/A3d-ga.pdf
- Removes requirement to mail out paper versions of documents to congregations
The packet for the April 21-23, 2006 meeting contained some ammendments, titled "CSW Final Revisions to 2006 By-law Changes, March 12, 2006": http://www.uua.org/TRUS/apr06/A3a-csw.pdf which are reflected in the final agenda.